How to Get Dog Poop Stains Out of Carpet
Having a dog in your life is one happy feeling that comes with a price. It is not a human being so it does not know how to use a toilet. It is really annoying for new pet owners but the moment you learn how to deal with the dog’s poop you are good to go.
The following is what you will require to clean a dog’s poop from your carpet
- 2 Gloves latex ones to be precise
- A bag (plastic)
- 1 bowl of water that is warm
- White vinegar
- 2 bowls ( inclusive of the one with warm water)
- Paper towels
- 1 fork
- A vacuum cleaner
- Baking soda
The instructions to follow
Here are the instructions to follow when you want to clean a dog’s diarrhea.
- You should take one of the bowls and put it on top of the stain. You do this to ensure that the stain dries out and to also ensure that the room where the dog stain is does not actually stink while cleaning.
- You should then wear the latex gloves and try as much as possible to remove the stain using the paper towel and putting it inside the plastic bag. You are advised to be very careful while scooping the waste to prevent deeper pushing of the stain in the carpet or maybe the waste having to get to you. After doing that you dispose the used paper towel inside the plastic bag.
- Mix like one and a half cups of the water that is warm with a cup of the white vinegar properly then wait till you get to the sixth step.
- By using the fork scrap out the feces that have dried up. You should try as much as possible to remove the stain from the carpet but as soon as you notice that the carpet is get damaged from the scrubbing then you should stop.
- In this step you should then use the vacuum cleaner to remove any kind of loosed up stains that might have popped up during the fork scrubbing.
- You are then supposed to pour the mixture of water and vinegar on the stains remains. Then use the paper towels to absorb excess liquid from the carpet.
- If you notice that the stain is playing stubborn you should add more of the mixed solution on it until the stain comes out completely.
- So as to remove any kind of bad smell, you should pour the baking soda on top of the stain. You do not scoop out the baking soda but let it stay there for a couple of hours say 2 to 3 hours. To then remove the baking soda on the stained area you are then supposed to vacuum the place plus it will also help in removing the remaining particles of the waste.
- Spray the area with a disinfectant so as to kill any kind of bacteria.
Cleaning of a solid stain
−Wear your gloves and then remove the solid waste by picking it from the carpet using the paper towels and putting the waste inside the garbage bag.
−Then check the stained area carefully to see if there are any poop residue. If you do not find any kind of remainders you should then use a disinfecting spray to spray the area to kill any kind of a living bacteria and then use a paper towel to dry the area.
−Then use the vacuum cleaner to clean up the area completely from remaining particles that are very tiny.
Just in case the poop is neither solid nor liquid, you should ensure that you wear your gloves so as to remove the waste from the carpet as much as possible and should be careful enough so that you do not push the feces deeper inside the carpet. After doing this you should then follow the instructions given on how to clean a diarrhea stain.
You can also see this video for more information:
Related: How to Clean Dogs Ears and Eyes
You should try to always clean up the stain the moment you notice there is one to prevent it from drying up and giving you a lot of work when it comes to cleaning it up. Removing the stain without ensuring the odor is also done away with will increase chances of your dog repeating the same probably on the same area. Save yourself the cost of purchasing stain removers instead look around your kitchen what you need might be right there.