Best Deshedding Tool For Dogs – Thoroughly Reviewed (2018)
If you own a dog, you’re already aware of the problems you have with your dog’s hair ending up just about everywhere in your house. While having your dog’s hair all over the house may not sound like a huge deal, it can become a nuisance for yourself and any guests you have over at your house.
According to 1800petmeds.com, how much a dog sheds “is influenced by coat characteristics, sunlight, temperature, health, allergies, nutrition, cleanliness, hormones, pregnancy, and lactation.”
Some breeds will obviously shed more than others, and dogs without undercoats typically shed the least out of all dogs.
If your dog has a problem with shedding and you find yourself struggling with allergies or spending all of your time cleaning up dog hair, it might be time to invest in a deShedding tool.
Top DeShedding Tools Review
1. FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs
The FURminator features a stainless steel edge that reaches deep into your dog’s undercoat to remove any loose hair and reduces shedding by up to 90%.
Also, the FURminator includes an FURejector that easily removes loose hair from the tool with the push of a button. With patented technologies that guarantee to reduce shedding better than any other brush, rake or comb on the market.
Simply, it’s easy to see why the FURminator is one of the most highly rated deShedding tools on the market.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Designed by groomers for best results
- Features an ergonomic handle for comfortable use
- Available in several different sizes so you can find the right size for your dog
- Easy to use
- If a new blade is needed, they’re very difficult to find
- Doesn’t work great as a standalone tool
2. DakPets Deshedding and Light Trimming Tool
The DakPets Deshedding and Light Trimming Tool is recommended for dogs of all sizes and comes with a four-inch, stainless steel comb with a safe blade cover that protects the blade when it’s not in use.
In addition, the DakPets Deshedding and Light Trimming Tool is gentle on your dog’s skin and is suitable for dogs with both single and double coats.
The DakPets Deshedding and Light Trimming Tool features a lifetime money back guarantee that states if the deshedding tool breaks at any point in time for any reason, they will replace your product for free, no questions asked.
- Reduces shedding by up to 95%
- Strong, durable handle that won’t break
- Gentle on your dog’s skin and suitable for single or double coats
- Four-inch stainless steel comb built to last for a long time
- Lifetime guarantee
- Poor packaging on the product
3. The Magic Pro Dog Deshedding Tool
The Magic Pro Dog Deshedding Tool is available in two different sizes to meet the needs of whatever size dog you may have. This deshedding tool is recommended for both single and double coat dogs.
Also, it is gentle on the skin so your dog will not experience any discomfort. This particular deshedding tool is recommended by leading veterinarians and groomers.
However, it features a 10-year 100% money back guarantee.
- Detangles hair as well as removes it
- Comfortably fits in your hand for maximum comfort while using the product
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding by 95%
- Gentle on your dog so it does not cause any discomfort
- Available in two different sizes so it can support any size dog
- 100% money back guarantee for the first ten years
- Sometimes can become clogged with dog hair
- Not a standalone tool and should be combined with a tool to clean the undercoat of the dog
4. MoJo's Dog and Cat Brush For Shedding
MoJo's Dog and Cat Brush For Shedding is available in two different sizes and within five minutes, you can reduce your dog’s shedding by up to 95%.
This slicker brush is made of a four-inch stainless steel comb and comes with a protective cover to provide a lifetime of use.
MoJo's Dog and Cat Brush For Shedding also dramatically reduces the loose hair on your dog.
Also, it allows you to check the condition of their skin and fur.So, the relationship will increases between you and your dog.
Lastly, MoJo's Dog and Cat Brush For Shedding helps keep allergies at bay.
- Promotes healthy coats for your dog
- Stainless steel comb with an unbreakable handle
- Dramatically reduces loose fur and shedding by up to 90%
- Veterinary approved
- Helps reduce allergies
- No ejector button to remove hair from the tool
5. Pet Republique Best DeShedding Tool
The Pet Republique Best DeShedding Tool easily removes loose and dead fur as well as the undercoats of dogs. This particular tool comes with two different blades.
One blade is three inches wide and is meant to be used in the general area of your dog.
And the other smaller 1.8 inch blade is meant for smaller areas of your dogs such as joints and other detail areas.
Because this particular tool includes two different size blades, it can be used on all sized dogs. With stainless steel blades and a safety cap for when it is not in use, the blade is meant to last a lifetime.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your Pet Republique Best DeShedding Tool, you can send it back for a full refund.
- Two different sized blades can accommodate any sized dog
- Smaller blade can help detail the smaller areas of large dogs
- Stainless steel blades help provide long-lasting durability
- Non-slip, ergonomically designed handles for ultimate comfort in grooming
- Less shedding means less risk of allergies in your house
- No ejector button to help remove hair from tool
- Changing out the two different blades can be difficult at times
6. GranPaws Pet Grooming Supplies Deshedding Tool
The GranPaws Pet Grooming Supplies Deshedding Tool will instantly help improve your dog’s shedding and after just one use, you will begin to notice a drastic difference.
The GranPaws Pet Grooming Supplies Deshedding Tool comes in only one size, but is recommended to be used for all sizes of dogs.
In just a few minutes, the GranPaws Pet Grooming Supplies Deshedding Tool can remove all loose and dead hair from your dog to bring back your dog’s shiny top coat.
In addition, the GranPaws Pet Grooming Supplies Deshedding Tool will help improve your pet’s overall health.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Promotes healthier skin and shinier top coats
- Untangles your dog’s fur while removing the loose hair
- Does not damage your dog’s undercoat or topcoat
- Ergonomically designed handle for complete comfort while grooming
- Lifetime guarantee and the product will be replaced if the handle breaks
- No ejector button to help remove hair from the tool
- Hair can become trapped in the tool and is difficult to remove
How To Buy The Perfect DeShedding Tool For Your Dog?
If you feel that your dog’s shedding has gotten out of control and you need to purchase a deShedding tool, it’s important to know which is the best deShedding tool for dogs to buy.
Types of DeShedding Tool
There are a few different types of deShedding tools available on the market and the following breaks them down and explains which are best for each size dog.
Made up of fine metal bristles and is best used on dense-coated, long-haired dogs. This type of brush is best used to remove tangles in the coat of dogs.
Blade-On-A-Handle Metal Comb
Ideal for medium-coated dogs because this particular type of deShedding tool has very narrow teeth that dig deep into the undercoat but leaves the overcoat along. Not recommended for dogs with a long top coat.
Extremely versatile and is a great, basic brush for dogs with all types of coats.
Typically used on smaller dogs and is great for loosening hair and other debris while also stimulating circulation in the dog.
How To DeShed a Dog
You can see this video for more learning about how to use a deShedding tool to deShed a dog:
Your dog will always be a part of your family. Wherever you go, odds are your dog is going to follow you. But that doesn’t mean that your dog’s excess hair has to follow you around as well.
A dog deShedder tool is a must-have for just about any dog owner.
Deshedders can reduce shedding in your dog by up to 95%, they can increase bonding between you and your dog, and they can also improve the look of your dog’s top coat.
Picking out the right deShedding tool for your dog can be a difficult task. There are many different sized tools and also different styles that are tailored towards specific dog breeds.
The guide above outlines some of the most important aspects of dog deShedding tools and provides helpful insight into what you should look for when buying a deShedding tool.
Ultimately, you need to make sure you purchase a tool that fits all of your dog’s grooming needs.
By following the guide above, you will ensure to select the right deShedding tool for your dog and you will begin to notice a difference in how much your dog sheds.